Name : pepper extract
Other name： Capsicum annuum L
Latin name：Capsicum annuum L
Specfication ： 10:1 4:1
CAS No.： 465-42-9
Appearance：brown red powder
1. Capsaicin is the main capsaicinoid in chili peppers, followed by dihydrocapsaicin. These two compounds are also about twice as potent to the taste and nerves as the minor capsaicinoids nordihydrocapsaicin, homodihydrocapsaicin, andhomocapsaicin.
2. Capsaicin is believed to be synthesized in the interlocular septum of chili peppers by addition of a branched-chainfatty acid to vanillylamine; specifically, capsaicin is made from vanillylamine and 8-methyl-6-nonenoyl CoA.Biosynthesis depends on the gene AT3, which resides at the pun1 locus, and which encodes a putative acyltransferase.
3. Besides the six natural capsaicinoids, one synthetic member of the capsaicinoid family exists. Vanillylamide of n-nonanoic acid (VNA, also PAVA) is used as a reference substance for determining the relative pungency of capsaicinoids.
1. used in Food industry, it is commonly used in food products to provide added spice or "heat" (piquancy);pigment.
2. Used in Research, Capsaicin is used as an analgesic in topical ointments, nasal sprays (Sinol-M), and dermal patches to relieve pain, typically in concentrations between 0.025% and 0.25%.
3.Used in Pepper spray and pests, Capsaicin is also an active ingredient in riot control and personal defense pepper spray agents.
4. Used in Equestrian sports, Capsaicin is a banned substance in equestrian sports because of its hypersensitizing and pain-relieving properties.
5. Used in Mechanism of action, The burning and painful sensations associated with capsaicin result from its chemical interaction with sensory neurons.
What is Rep Pepper Extract?
Paprika oleoresin (also known as paprika extract) is an oil-soluble extract from the fruits of Capsicum annuum or Capsicum frutescens, and is primarily used as a colouring and/or flavouring in food products. It is composed of capsaicin, the main flavouring compound giving pungency in higher concentrations, and capsanthin and capsorubin, the main colouring compounds (among other carotenoids).Extraction is performed by percolation with a variety of solvents, primarily hexane, which are removed prior to use.